KX1400-DK: Development Kit for the KX1400 Audio Playback IC
- Control the KX1400 from your PC via USB
- On−Board 16−MByte Flash Memory
- Stores over 30 Minutes of 8KHz Audio Data
- Quickly Program Flash Memory In-System
- Supports Stand−Alone and Host−Controlled Modes
- Expansion Connector for MCU-based Prototyping
- 3.5mm (1/8" mini−plug) Audio Jack
- Kit Includes:
- KX1400 Evaluation Board
- Keterex USB-to-KX1400 Host Adapter
- KX1400 IDE Application [screenshots]
- WAV and MIDI File-Import Utilities
- Audio Editing Software
- Example Audio Projects
- USB Cable
The KX1400 Development Kit provides the hardware and software necessary to quickly and easily interface the KX1400 Audio Playback IC to a PC-based host. The included KX1400 Evaluation Board simplifies the development of audio content and hardware prototyping for microcontroller-based designs.
The development kit software includes a complete Integrated Development Environment (IDE). The IDE integrates all the necessary software tools for developing KX1400 audio files with an interface for in-system memory programming and the real-time execution of KX1400 commands and audio phrases from a PC-based host, eliminating the need for a microcontroller and firmware for initial evaluation and development.
The KX1400 Evaluation Board is populated with a KX1400EG (24-pin QFN), 16-MByte external flash memory for audio data storage, an MCU expansion header, and a 3.5mm (1/8" mini−plug) audio jack.